Western New York’s largest retail provider of firewood
serving over 12,000 customers.
- 2000 cords of cherry/mixed wood in stock
- Sold in a measurement called a “face cord". A “face
cord” is one row of wood that is 4 feet high and 8 feet long.
- Wood needs to be seasoned
(aged) in order to burn. We purchase
our wood a year in advance to make sure that the wood is seasoned. All our
wood is 1 to 1½ years old.
- All our wood comes from the Western
New York area in compliance with the DEC regulations. The new regulations state that all firewood
must come from within a 50 mile radius, and must be New York state wood.
By comforming with these regulations, we are reducing the risk of invasive
bugs coming into this area and killing trees.
Types of wood:
- 100% cherry wood only
- Pretty reddish color
- Flame is higher and more colorful
- Leaves less ash in the firebox
- Nicer aroma
- Good for smoking
- Costs more than the mixed hardwoods
- Available in 16" lengths
- Mixed hardwoods:
Maple, Oak, Beech,
- No softwoods (like pine or poplar)
- It is less expensive than cherry
- Available in 12" or 16"
Call for current pricing. Prices increase
during the year. So the earlier in the season you purchase your wood, the more
you can save!